Sunday, May 27, 2012

Post Pregnancy Weight Loss

So my biggest struggle right now is the weight loss. I gained about 45 lbs with my pregnancy. I ran and worked out throughout the  majority of my pregnancy. I even ran a marathon. However I also indulged in dessert almost every night. I didn't eat whole pints of ice cream just small cups. But apparently it was too much and it has now stayed on my body.

So initially I expected breastfeeding to help take most of the weight off. I lost about 20 lbs within the first 7-10 days. This was promising. I continued to eat normally and the occasional dessert. I wasn't exercising yet because things weren't healed "down there'. I  did start walking SLOWLY up and down the road, not even a full mile.

Well not it is 11 weeks later and I have only lost another 3 pounds. I have started running a little but my pelvic floor muscles are what they used to be. Enough said. I have also started my P90x routine again. I feel as though things are firming up but still not losing the weight. Since I go back to work soon I gave in and bought a few new pairs of pants. I didn't want to go back to work in maternity clothes.

Well, we ran 4 miles today, 460 calories according the the Garmin. I will keep you all updated.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment