Saturday, May 1, 2010

Starting training for a marathon

So today I decided to get serious and start training for a marathon. I am not sure which one yet. I just figured I would get my miles up. So today I did an 8 mile run. It is interesting running in a new area where you only know some of the roads. Well, I started off with the usual 3 mile loop but veered off the path to the main road to try and extend it more. While I was running I was thinking, "if I could do 6 I would be happy with that but 8 or 10 would be great." At 6 miles I felt pretty good and decided to double back towards Nike and add the extra 2 miles to make it 8. I am glad that I stopped at that. I didn't eat enough and no GU with me, so I started to get lightheaded. Everything is ok... because here I am writing this. Just needed to stop and drink more.

No special dinner tonight... still eatting leftovers from friday.

Happy Birthday Eliza Jane...who is 2 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment