Friday, June 19, 2015

Love Summer!

Hello All -
It has been a while since i have been back on here. Have you all survived the winter. It is springtime in New England and getting warm, only a few more days until summer officially hits.

This week was the first week of our CSA (http://localharvestnh.com) which I love. It is all locally grown and organic. This was this weeks pick up. Spinach, Lettuce, garlic and onion scallions, basil, radishes, swiss chard, and rhubarb. I don't know what I am going to do with the garlic and onion scallions at this time. So if you have any suggestions I am open to them. Just leave me a comment at the bottom. The rhubarb will most likely go into a pie with some strawberries. Strawberry picking started this week in New Hampshire.

In addition to the CSA we also have a garden of our own. I am doing things a little different this year. We have expanded the garden to 20' x 20'.  I am also using soaker hoses for the first time instead of a sprinkler. The past few years I have had issues with my tomato plant leaves yellowing and dying therefore not producing a lot of fruit. I will keep you updated on how it works. I am also putting the weed blocker fabric down to cut down on weeding. Trying to keep things as simple as possible for myself this year.


This week was this little dude's birthday! He is 2! I can't believe that the time has flown by. He is such a little boy. Loves wearing his boots, riding his bike, trying to ride daddy's, playing in the dirt, climbing rocks, playing the the dogs ... and of course he loves his Mommy.



Bison Lasagna -
This is a basic lasagna recipe just using ground bison instead of beef.


 Relaxing after our run - I love sitting on the porch, in the shade to rehydrate and stretch after running. The pups still do some short runs with me. My little black dog has a bum knee or 2. Depending on the day so he doesn't go with me much any more. Forest (here) goes every once in a while. He doesn't do longer than 3 miles on a leash very well.
 

Any good plans for Father's Day? I am running a 5 mile race on Sunday with my mom and sister. My dad will watch the kids then RibFest afterwards. Wally is away for work, so we will celebrate with him later. I also have a little craft to do with kids for him. 

Do you buy Father's Day Gifts or make them? I like to make them, a little more personal, and the kids are small. I will buy my father something and we got him a card at the store.

Hope you have a great weekend!

~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment