Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cheese Fondue!!

So tonight's dinner was one of my favorites. It has been a long time since I've had cheese fondue and it was just as delicious as I remember it being.
Wally was not to sure about a dinner that didn't include meat. In the end he liked it. One of our wedding gifts was a beautiful All Clad Fondue set and a book of fondue recipes. I ended up making just a basic cheese fondue that I practically know from heart because I grew up making it.

Cheese Fondue -
1/2 c. milk

1/4 c. white wine
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Dash pepper
1 c. mayonnaise

Dipper -
French Bread
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Aspargus
Mushrooms
 
We were going to use peppers but they were bad :( and we are saving the other ones for stuffed peppers later this week.
 
We were also going to have strawberry shortcake... but maybe tomorrow. The strawberries are done... just need to make the shortcake! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment