Wednesday, December 21, 2011

25 Holiday Questions

Well, things have been super busy lately. But I thought I would join in on the fun around the blog world and answer some questions about Holiday traditions.
  • Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
    • Hot Chocolate - Eggnog is a little too rich for me. But Wally decided that he like it this year! 
  • Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
    • Some unwrapped and some wrapped.
  • Colored lights on tree/house or white?
    • Colored lights for both when we were growing up. Now colored on the tree and white for on the house.
  • Do you hang mistletoe?
    • I never have, probably never will.
  • When do you hang up decorations?
    • Start bringing stuff out the day of Thanksgiving :)
  • What is you favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
    • Acorn squash with apples
  • Favorite holiday memory as a child?
    • Being able to unwrap on present Christmas eve (always PJ's) and going to a campfire.
  • What is on your christmas wish list?
    • My big gift  I am asking for this year is snow shoes.  I have pretty much everything I need and since we are in a rental home we don't have a ton of room for extra STUFF.
  • Do you open gifts on Christmas eve?
    • As kids we did, but as I mentioned earlier it was also PJ's. It is something that I would like to continue with my children even if there isn't a bonfire/party to go to.
  • How do you decorate your tree?
    • Lights go on first then the ornaments. This year we have a Christmas tree decorating party, sort of. We had friends from out of town here and we all decorated it together. It was a nice change.
  • Snow? Love it or Dread it?
    • Love it! I'm DREAMING of a WHITE Christmas.
  • Real tree or Fake?
    • Real one. The fake ones look nice and last longer. But; A) aren't good for the environment (tons of plastic) and B) don't smell like Christmas.
  • Do you remember your favorite gift?
    • I must say, I probably have on the the worst memories or anyone I know. I am sure I got some great presents over the years but I don't know if I have a favorite. I do love my new pillow I got last year.
  • Favorite holiday dessert?
    • Cookies - All kinds - I'm not picky.
  • What is the most important thing about Christmas for you?
    • Spending time with family.
  • What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
    • I can't say that I have one favorite tradition.
  • What tops your tree?
    • Growing up we had an Angel, however Wally and I now have a Star
  • Do you prefer giving or receiving?
    • Both obviously. I love when I think I have found a great gift that the person will love and didn't ask for.
  • What is your favorite Christmas song?
    • My new favorite song is the 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser.
  • Candy Canes? yuck or yum?
    • Love them. But I love almost All candy.
  • Favority Christmas movie?
    • Miracle on 34th Street
  • What do you leave for Santa?
    • Milk and Cookies, and Carrots for the Reindeer.
  • Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
    • We were allowed to go through our stockings and play with the "Santa" gifts, before waking up our parents.
  • Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
    • Times are a changing... I used to be a mall shopper however it seems as though the gifts I want to give now a days are harder to come by and this year I did a lot of my shopping online, thanks to free shipping. Also www.ebates.com is a great site where you can get a % of money back that you spent.
  • Christmas letter or card?
    • Christmas card. However my mom has been writing letters to go inside the card for as long as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment