Saturday, April 26, 2014

Homemade Laundry Soap

So, I like to think that I am pretty good at being ecofriendly and trying to do whats best for my family. We have used cloth diapers on both our kids, sometimes dry clothes outside, eat lots of fruits and veggies and limit the processed foods. I am not crazy, I do still like my sweets. So lately I have seen a lot of DIY homemade laundry soap on pinterest and it peaked my interest. There were many recipes but they all had the same main ingredients so I figured it was worth a shot.

I adapted this recipe by adding 1 bottle of Downy Unstopables for scent.

DIY Laundry Detergent
3 Bars of Fels-Naptha - grated
1 - 5 lb box Oxiclean
1 - 4 lb 12 oz box of Borax
1 - 4 lb box of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
1 box of Arm and Hammer Washing soda
1 large container of Downy Unstopables




 All the ingredients mixed in a 5 Gallon Bucket
 It made A LOT of laundry detergent. The jar on the left is a 1 gallon jar and the container on the right is a pretzel container. I have heard stories that this will last at least 6 months and sometimes longer.
Today was a lazy, rainy Saturday. We had planned on going to watch Wally in his bike race in Massachusetts then head to CT for a visit and some other to do list stuff. When I found out that we couldn't bring the dogs into the park where Wally was racing the whole plan changed. We had to bring the dogs because we were then headed straight to CT and you obviously can't leave the dogs home alone THAT long. I decided that it would probably be easiest if I just stayed home. Which meant that I had time to get Faelyn's 2 year pictures done. It is about 6 weeks late but thats ok.
 She loves coloring.
 Isn't he happy? He only let me get in a  whole 2 miles before he started crying. I will try and get back on the treadmill later.
  Happy Saturday!! Hope you enjoy your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment