Monday, February 23, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - week of 2/22

Whats on the Menu this week? A couple of new recipes. I must say that I love having my meals planned out. I don't necessarily like having to come up with different ideas. However this makes my life so much less stressful thanks to a little planning.

My week at a glance:


The chicken tetrazzini was supposed to have mushrooms in it, which i didn't have and didn't feel like going to the grocery store so I cooked up some asparagus on the side for the veggie portion of the dish. The only thing I would change is that the recipe called for baking it for 30 minutes after putting the sauce and pasta together, I would probably only broil it for 5 or so minutes to toast it up a little.

Today's dish is another new recipe: Balsamic Chicken. I found this on the internet somewhere. 6 chicken breasts, 3/4 c. of balsamic vinegar, 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp of oil. Mixed all together in the crockpot and ready for Daddy and the kids for dinner. I have plans tonight.


Tuesday: Bison Chili - luckily I have a freezer FULL of bison. If you would like some check out Marsh Meadow Bison.

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Cilantro Lime Chicken - I have made this in the past and it was delicious. You can pre-make this as a freezer meal or just fresh. You can bake it or grill it in the summer, or those places that it is warmer than 10 degrees outside.

Friday - Its just me and the kids so probably more leftovers or pizza!!

Saturday - We have big plans to go into Boston and check out the Children's Museum. We got a Family Membership so we will hopefully get some good use out of it.

Fitness Update:
I managed to make it on the treadmill 1 time last week. I don't know what was wrong with me, just busy and super tired. Hopefully this week is better. I have already managed a 20 minute walk today!!

What is on your menu this week? Do you try new recipes? What are your tried and true crockpot recipes?



No comments:

Post a Comment