Monday, May 9, 2011

Recap form a busy few days

So naturally summer time comes and things get busy for work so Wally and I spend our free time almost always doing something.

Cinco de mayo- Wally happened to be away and I had plans to go out with my friend Lindsey and her husband. We went to a restaurant called La Carreta for dinner and margaritas!!


 Calvin is the Cinco de Mayo dog wearing the free shirt that I got from the restuarant. We also got light up bracelets! (not pictured).

Saturday's plan was going to be a busy day. Wally was supposed to go into work for some training, he thought would last 1/2 a day, then we were going to head over to the property to look around more and decide where to put a house. So to start the day off right I made blueberry pancakes, something wasn't right and I burned the first batch, the burner was probably too hot. I was also trying to do laundry at the same time. When Wally was at work I got lots done, cleaned the house, mopped the floors, and 3 loads of laundry, and played with the dogs outside.

Also learned Calvin isn't a very strong swimmer yet and had to go rescue him because he couldnt get back on the dock :( . Forest on the other hand is an old pro and LOVES the water.

Around 4 I got a call from Wally asking if I wanted to go for a helicopter ride... Who wouldn't? So I headed to Concord and went for a ride to MA with hime.


 The inside controls, so many gauges to look at.











Wally doing his thing....

















The view from up above...

Once we landed in MA, we waited for about 30 minutes for his boss to pick us up. We had a nice cushy ride back to NH in a GMC Yukon, with DVD player and heated seats! We also stopped by Chateau for dinner, somewhere in southern NH. We ordered the Ultimate Nachos for an appetizer! Yum! and had Eggplant parm for dinner.

Needless to say we got home around 11 pm and didn't make it to the property on Saturday.

Sunday, we did! The dogs enjoyed it, running through the fields, chasing the birds, and wondering through the woods.


Afterwards we headed up to the White Mountains to start checking hikes off our 4000 Foot peaks list.
Calvin running back (loves his backpack)

 It was a pretty hard first hike of the season. I am sure things will get better. It was a beautiful day for a hike.

After we got back I got dinner started. First with broccoli slaw, modifed from Sandra Lee
  • 3 stalks of broccoli (grated the stalks in the food processor, and small pieces of the florets, the dogs got the extras)
  • 1 cup of craisins
  • ~1 cup of sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup of light ranch dressing
 


 I must say this came out pretty good and Wally raved about it. He said this was one of his favorite meals. Also, the sliced almonds we got in the bulk food area of the grocery store, which ended up being about $1, if you got the bagged version it was $2.50 for a small bag! I will definitely be utilizing this more.

Next Sweet Potato Fries:
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
  • slice 4 small sweet potatoes
  • spray with cooking spray (instead of olive oil)
  • salt, pepper, and paprika
  • cook for about 40-50 minutes
I also put them under the broiler for 3-5 minutes for a little extra crispiness.

the complete meal
 It looks like a lot, but I use a small plate so I don't over pile the food on.

Hope you guys had a great weekend. Now it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment