Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year Update!!

So it has been quite a while since I have posted. A lot of things have changed in the mean time. I have gotten a standard schaunzer puppy. He is now 8 months old. So that makes 2 dogs for this household. As for my running, I did complete the Seattle Marathon in November 2010. I finished in 5:01. This is a long time but it is also 30 minutes off of the first one I ran, so I was happy.

Wally and I have also run the First Run Portland, OR, Jan. 1st at Midnight. This was a great run. We finished in 30:01. Again this is slow for most people but at a 9:40 pace I was happy with this. I was also happy considering on Christmas Day Wally got me Vibram 5 figer shoes to try barefoot running. We ran just about 2 miles in them and my calves were sore... well.. until New Years Day. I thought that I wouldn't make it through the run.

So this year the plan is to run another Marathon, my hope is Chicago with a few friends, my mom (maybe), and possibly my sister (if i can convince her to do it).

As for the rest of my life; Wally and I are getting married in 30 days, moving to NH just before that, and starting a new job after the honeymoon. Good thing I strive on stress?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment