Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello again

So I know it has been a while since last posting. Life has just gotten busy. Lots of things have happened. Wally and I have gone to CT 3 times and NY once. We went down to CT for opening day of Trout Fishing and camping with his family. It was nice to see everyone and all the babies. It is too bad that it was cold and rainy. Luckily I only had to sleep in the tent one night, the other we spent with Wally's parents in the motorhome.

For the camping trip I tried my hand at gluten free baking. I made Lemon Raspberry Muffins from another blogger but subsituted for gluten free flour and added Xantham gum, which is recommended on the package.

Most of my ingredients...

  • 1 lemon




  • 1/2 c sugar



    • 1/2 c Lemon Chobani Greek Yogurt (or plain if preferred)
    • 1/2 c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
    • 1/3 c veg. oil
    • 1 egg
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 2 c gluten free baking flour
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1 1/2 c fresh raspberries


    Zest 1 lemon into sugar

    Combine dry ingredients in bowl and make a well. Combine wet ingredients and mix with dry.
    Gently fold in raspberries. Fill muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Mine took just about 15 minutes. Watch for the tops to turn golden brown and they are done.

    baking...



    Quick dinner before leaving for camping including quesadillas... in them I put goat cheese, mushrooms, green chiles, corn, and black beans.


    Dinner... another night...
    Steamed aspargus

    Pork Tenderloin (pre-seasoned)
    Roasted sweet potatoes and 1 red onion sliced
    Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook sweet potatoes and red onion for 20 minutes prior to adding pork.

    Smoothies -
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup of pineapple
    1 cup of skim milk
    and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder = yumm

    

    As for everything else... Easter was wonderful. We had breakfast with my family and dinner with his. I got a TON of candy, which is a good thing because I was seriously craving some chocolate. So much so that I had peanut butter m & m's for breakfast.

    Wally and I have also been searching for land to put our house on. We think that we  might have found something. We met with the  realtor yesterday after work to sign some papers, afterwards we had dinner at panara bread. I had cheddar broccoli soup and 1/2 a turkey bacon bravo sandwich on tomato basil bread. Delicious... and some iced coffee!!

    Keep your fingers crossed for the property...

    3 comments:

    1. I am crossing my fingers for you love! How were the muffins?

      ReplyDelete
    2. the muffins were delicious! noone could tell they are gluten free!

      ReplyDelete
    3. congrats on the property... how exciting!! Where is it? I will keep my fingers crossed for you too

      ReplyDelete