Sunday, March 20, 2011

Maple syrup house, puzzles, movies




I wanted to start today's blog with a picture of this cookbook. This is one of the reasons that I started this blog. Wally and I were getting into a rut with what to make for dinner and we have all of these wonderful cookbooks but hardly use them. So we decided to do a "Julie & Julia" thing and start cooking through the cookbook. I don't have a timeline for it to be done in. This is just for fun and start mixing things up.

I couldn't sleep last night and decided that I wanted to make french toast for breakfast. We have a big day, we were going to look at some land around the area to build our house on. I figured it would be a long day and wanted a good breakfast. French Toast would definitely do the trick.

I used a shallow baking dish making it easier to drunk the bread in.
4 eggs
1 c. of milk
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tsp of vanilla
a dash or two of cinnamon


cook 2-3 minutes per side of toast

and Voila! one huge stack of french toast for 2 people.

I couldn't resist taking pictures of the dogs. The ride so well in the car and are pretty darn cute!


Between 2 of the properties we were looking at we had some time to explore the area. We got a little off track. But good thing we did, we found this Maple Sugar House. This weekend is the Open house for most if not all of the maple sugar houses in New Hampshire. We got a little tour and the lady explained how the process works.


Wally is standing in front of the machine that the sap gets pushed through and the syrup comes out at the end.


The end product! Warm and delicious!




Side note:
When Wally and I were dating and talking about marriage he said he didn't want to have cable for the first year of marriage. I agreed hestiantly. Now we have been married for 6 weeks and I still miss my TV, morning  news, greys anatomy...

So to keep busy we have been watching movies, working out, playing with the dogs (which we do anyway), and doing puzzles. I have always loved doing puzzles. The harder the better!

What are things that you do as a couple that doesn't involve cable?

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment