Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Pattys Day!!

Happy St. Patty's Day all!!

A little late, I know. I am Irish so I do my best to celebrate. I wore my green. Which I was surprised that more people didn't. But more importantly I made Crockpot Corned Beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots. It was one full crock pot. With dinner Wally and I also enjoyed Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde.




He likes making silly faces!



Everything was very yummy, Wally even tried some cabbage!

and for dessert. MINT OREO ice cream. It was our first batch using the Kitchenaid Ice cream maker attachment. It didnt work perfectly but it was sure yummy. I was looking up why it didn't freeze the way it should. There are a few options; 1) the bowl was not frozen enough, I might have to turn down the freezer more and move it more to the back. Our freezer is FULL and didn't want to move everything. 2) Cool the batter for an hour before placing it in the ice cream maker. This might help as well. I took the partially frozen ice cream, placed it in an airtight container and put in the freezer overnight to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment