Monday, June 20, 2011

First Egg, creamed spinach, and banana bread...

Workout - Yesterday - 9 miles - Hot and hard to complete. My training plan called for 11 miles and I just couldn't do it.
Today - nothing... oh well...

So to start with... when I came home this afternoon I found our first egg from our 2 chickens. They were given to me from a patient of mine and she warned me that they may not lay for a week or so with the change in scenery...




 Emeril's Creamed Spinach: with a few modifications
1/2 c. chives
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp. of butter
1/2 c. half and half

First - boil 2 lbs of spinach for 2 minutes and set aside
Second - melt butter over medium heat, heat up chives and garlic until soft...
 Add spinach to mixture...
 Add 1/2 c. of half and half - simmer until reduced by half
 Enjoy immediately...
 We had it with chicken tonight ....

Next up was Banana Bread  - Wally has always eaten the bananas before they go bad so we bought extra to make this little treat.

 As I am writing this Wally has already eaten 2 slices. I must say it is delicious :)
I found these pictures of Calvin the day that we left Oregon. :(

Do you ever get nostalgic over a place that you weren't there very long?
Wally - quite often - "absence makes the heart grow fonder" it goes for more than just people.
How wise he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment