Thursday, June 23, 2011

Juicy...

Good morning all...
the other day I decided to try overnight oats in a jar, as you may see in many other blogs such as (Julie, Tina, Courtney). I was initially not to sure about how it would turn out but I was pleasantly surprised.

To my jar I added;
1/3 c. oats
1/3 c. water
1/3 c. of skim milk
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1/3 c. frozen blueberries
a small handful of kashi go lean crunch



yumm.... don't mind the mess of the computer, eatting and reading blogs in the morning ;)


This was my mid-morning snack... as most of you can tell I can't always make it until lunch because my stomach starts grumbling.... Sometimes I am lucky enough to get a second to eat something other times not so much.

Juicy... mmm.....

Dinner plans... was salad with baked stripper... but when I got a call from Wally saying that he was going to be home for dinner I decided to add sweet potato fries to give hime a little more substance.

First, the salad - organic greens I received from the CSA, tomato, green pepper, and mushrooms.
Second,
Sweet potato fries -
bake at 450 for 20-30 minutes - stir about half way through
I coat them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Also sprinkled with a little paprika once on the baking sheet.
The main course...
Baked stripped with butter and more paprika from this website
2 large fillets of stripper (or any fish)
1/2 onion slice thinly and separated into rings
1/4 c. butter/margrine melted
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 lemon
sprinkle of paprika (recipe called for cayenne pepper)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Dip fillets in melted butter. Place on broiler pain (I just used a baking sheet). Sprinkle evenly with lemon pepper and paprika. Place onion rings and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.

Bake 8 minutes. Turn broiler on 500 degrees- allow fish and onions time to brown (3-6 minutes). Remove, cool for about 3 minutes. Any serve with lemon juice.


I will leave you guys with some picture of the new property!!



Yesterdays workout:
P90X -Cardio X and 1 mile sprint with the pup.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Congrats to Vanessa would gave birth to a healthy baby boy last night!!


This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

2 comments:

  1. Im trying to now catch up on my blogs... your property looks gorgeous!! I would love to see it/you soon... what sort of house are you planning on building?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks V! I am hoping to make it up to see you in a couple weeks! Miss you tons. We are building a log home.

    ReplyDelete