Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What motivates you?

With all of this rainy weather it is hard for me to get motivated to run outside and I don't have a treadmill :(

Once the rain goes away it feels as though it is 90 degrees and humid... not the most comfortable running temperature. Wally says that I should just get up and run earlier in the morning. I don't know how much earlier I can get up. I am already up at 6-ish, when I feed and walk the dogs, feed the chickens, water the garden, eat breakfast, make my lunch, and shower (whew)...

I am sitting here wondering what motivates others to get and keep moving...

I have a few things that keep me going
  • Races - sign up for them. I hate to wast money so I almost always train for them.
  • Runner's world quotes - I get them in my email.
  • Running magazines/website - sometimes I am too cheap to actually pay $4-5 for a magazine I read in an afternoon so I just browse the website.
  • Competition - when I lived near my mom, I would run with her, or just talking with her to see what she ran for the day would make me want to go out and run at least that!!
I love that my next marathon (Chicago - Oct. 9th) is going to be with both my mom and one of my best friends who now lives in Wisconsin.

My philosophy on running is, I don't dwell on it, I do it.
Joan Samuelson

No comments:

Post a Comment