Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Homemade dog treats

So for some reason I have been procrastinating about writing this post. These were super easy dog treats but very time consuming considering I made them small so it made LOTS of cookies.

I modified a recipe I found on bullwrinkle.com for Peanut butter Poppers

2 c. gluten free baking mix
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. xantham gum
1 c. peanut butter - chunky or smooth
1 c. milk

 Mix dry ingredients first,
 In separate bowl mix peanut butter and milk,
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ones until forms soft ball.
 On floured surface roll dough out as you would any cut out cookie about 1/4 inch thickness.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 10-12 minutes - more if the cookies are larger - or until lightly brown.
 Once again the silpat sheet is AMAZING...
 Cool on rack. Store in airtight container.

The finished product! Fills the cookie jar perfectly.
I used gluten free flour because our dogs do better with a gluten free diet. Feel free to use everyday baking flour if your dogs don't have any issues.
Both of the dogs are enjoying my homemade treats. I am not sure if they are any cheaper to make vs. buy treats but at least I know what is in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment