Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trail mix, quesdillas, and swimming (for the dogs)

Today was a HOT over here. Reaching into the 90's. I sure am glad that I ran last night ; 3.5 miles in 33:52, not to shabby for these little legs. I did take both the pups with me and they encourage drag me to keep going when I want to walk and push up the hills. Although last night was a pretty flat route.

On today's agenda was Trail Mix - I bought the stuff to make it this past weekend and just haven't gotten to it. Since today we had the maintence man fixing our shower I decided to make it while he was out getting parts.

Trail Mix
2 c. almonds
2 c. peanuts
2 c. cashews
1 c. dried cherries
1 c. dried cranberries
1 c. dried blueberries
2 c. banana chips
2 c. m&m's (plain)

 First gather all ingredients....
 Measure ingredients...

 Pour into bowl....
Mix - using your hands is easiest...
 Add M&M's - I like to use plain because there are already nuts in the mix, although peanut m&m's are my FAVORITE
 ENJOY!!

Since Wally wasn't supposed to be home I didn't have anything planned and being so hot I didn't feel like cooking anything big so this is what I threw together.
 Peach mango salsa, sour cream, and guac on the side...
 Chicken, tomato, black bean, and jalepano quesadillas...
 Cut in quarters and serve... yummmm.

Not too bad for a throw together dinner. I always wondered how my mom did it.

After dinner the maintence man was still working on the shower so the dogs enjoyed a nice swim in the pond.
 Calvin LOVES to chase after the ball. A few weeks ago if you asked if he was a good swimmer I would have said "not at all" very clumsy and awkward looking. Now my pup is getting better but still not the olympic swimmer that his brother is.

Movie time:
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

1 comment: